Thursday, April 01, 2010

Marcelo: Brazil 2010


Marcelo: Brazil 2010, originally uploaded by tsevis.

Subject, Inspiration:
Experimental mosaic illustration and poster for the Brazilian national football team and the talented footballer Marcelo Vieira da Silva Júnior, aka Marcelo.
Inspired by the Brazilian flag and of course by the Brazilian national team. I may be a devoted fan of Italy and USA but I have to admit that these Brazilian guys are not playing. They are dancing!

Pattern, Grid:
I am still experimenting with the African inspired patterns. I am trying to simplify the patterns in order to produce a more international and more contemporary style.

Colors:
The color set includes 3+3 spot colors. The first three are the colors of the flag and I also have used three intermediate tones.

Software, Technique:
Made with custom developed scripts and techniques in Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Apple QuickTime Pro.

Credits, Licenses:
Based on a photo by Sportgraphic downloaded from Shutterstock.

Licensed under the Creative Commons License Scheme.
You can use this image for NON commercial projects, but you have to credit me.
Please, don't use it to express hate, racism or anything negative.

Best viewed large Attention: Big file. (9472 x 10752 pixels)

See all of my Brazil in South Africa 2010 illustrations.

No comments: